July 25, 2014

Dear Frannie Friday--Rainy Day Activities

When I took these photos, it was pouring rain and even hailing.  This reminded me of a Dear Frannie Friday post that I'd been wanting to do for a while now--what can you do with your kiddos when it's raining out?  Timely, I feel, since it's been raining like crazy this summer.  Dare I say, it's even been humid!

1.  Movie Night . . . Or Day

One of my kids' and I's favorite things to do on a yucky stay inside day is to watch a good family movie.  To make it extra fun, we sometimes make snacks like popcorn.  Maybe we'll set up sleeping bags or stay in PJs all day. 

2.  Make a Craft

Thanks to Pinterest my kids and I have tackled many different crafts from my craft board.  To date, we've made silly putty, moon dust and Mountain Dew lantern (it doesn't work).  And there are many more projects on the to-do list including bouncy balls and DIY I Spy Game.

3.  Bake Something!

Baking together is a wonderful way to spend time.  It teaches patience, teamwork and several self-sustaining skills.  My kids and I, namely my daughter, bake together all the time.  Her favorite part is the tasting. 

4.  Play a Board Game

We play board games all the time--Uno, Jenga, Trouble, Guess Who.  It's really understated and almost forgotten way to spend time with your family.  In the end, everyone wins.

Do you have a question or suggestion for Dear Frannie Fridays?  Feel free to email me at franniepantz{at}hotmail{dot}com 

Black Pencil Skirt-Old Navy; Camouflage Top-thrifted; Military Vest-Old Navy; Slingback Lace Up Booties-Nine West, gifted; Spiked Bracelet-Kohl's; Earrings-Charming Charlie's 

P.S. This is my 1,000th post!  Crazy right?!?

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs