August 26, 2014

Mission #40--Day 2, The Roper

Back in my high school, we called the hicks "the ropers".  They were much less in numbers than you would think for Colorado.  They kept to themselves, they wore Wranglers, they drove pick-ups and a large portion of them chewed tobacco.

The most obvious choice for a more western look for me was this coat.  It was my grandmother's and she lovingly handed it down to me when I was a teenager.  It amazingly escaped unscathed and I love it still to this day.  The fringe on the jacket is so much fun to whip around.  And I obviously had to thrown in cowgirl boots as well for good measure.  

Conner and Brielle, somehow over the summer, became a little obsessed with their Nintendo DS's.  In particular the Pokemon game.  I don't get it.  I've never been "into" video games.  I am horrible at them and I find them confusing and boring.

It's interesting when they try to tell me about their games (which they are allowed to play at a limited amount after chores and homework are done).  When they try to tell me about some guy they got or some battle they have to beat, I can feel my eyes glazing over.

I had the same reaction when Patrick and Kaden were into playing Black Ops.  They would talk about guns and kills and levels and I would just sit there like this

It's like they are speaking to me in a foreign language.  And it isn't like I have anything against video games, but seriously--no me hablo.

Green Striped Dress-thrifted; Suede Fringed Coat-vintage from Grandma; Cowgirl Boots-vintage; Necklace-Kohl's; Leopard Print Belt-Target; Diamond Stud Earrings-gifted; Sunnies-Target

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs