August 21, 2014

Thursday Mixer--Grey Tee

Can you believe that it wasn't until after I was pregnant that I actually owned a grey t-shirt?  Is that ridiculous or what?  I actually bought this one for prenatal yoga, but it has turned out to be so much more.

I've had it a year now, bought it for about $15 and have worn it a documented 10 times (although IRL it is worn much, much more).  Current price per wear is sitting at $1.50.  In other words--pretty freaking good.

Top Left to Right- 1, 2, 3, Now, 5
Bottom Left to Right- 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Speaking of an oldie but a goodie, I have a story for you (I'll wait for the shock to subside).  Not so long ago Kaden had this random obsession to watch the movie Friday.  I know, I know.  It has a lot of pot in it.  That doesn't bother me.  We're really open about pot in my house and I know that he is not into pot.  But he is into 90's humor and Ice Cube.  So I told him he could watch it.

I have it, but only on VHS.  And we don't have a VHS player.  So we kept our eyes out for a good couple of weeks--Redbox, Netflix, random stores like Wal-Greens trying to find it to rent or buy for cheap.  I mean I didn't mind Kaden seeing it, but I wasn't about to spend $10 on a movie that came out like 20 years ago.

Then something occurred to me that hadn't before--there is a Showtime Video rental place down the street.  I know right!!!  I thought those were extinct!  But we have one.  I don't know how it stays in business but it does somehow.

And in we went.  It was such a throw back--for real.  I mean, do you all remember what it was like to rent movies before Netlfix, Amazon, Hulu and Redbox?  Do you remember actually deciding to rent a movie for the night?  It was a process!  You had to go to the rental place, scope out the movie, hope they had one available, wait in line, whip out a card and pay for it. 

But it was so much fun wasn't it?  It's kind of sad to know that that's gone.  My kids may never know the excitement of that adventure of renting a movie.  We didn't find Friday there, but we did find something else--a good walk back in time.

Polka Dot Pants-Old Navy (maternity); Grey Tee-Target; Black Leather Jacket-Target; Heels-thrifted; Crossbody Bag-Coach, vintage and gifted; Tassel Necklace-Charming Charlie's; Earrings-Charming Charlie's; Glasses-Bebe

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs