January 20, 2015

Share the Covers--Get Lucky

Here is the original by Daft Punk . . . 



And the bad ass cover (which I very much prefer) by Halestorm . . .



And speaking of getting lucky, that is what I think of this outfit.  Because the day was dreary and windy and just gross, it didn't photograph well.  But I actually wore this for Christmas with my family and then wore it again just so I could photograph it.  I never do that.

The dress was a very lucky thrift find from when Reilly was about a month old.  It's my normal, pre-pregnancy size.  It didn't zip up.  But I was confident that one day, some way, it would.  I carried it around and one woman stopped me.  "Beautiful dress," she said.  "Thanks," I said.  "It doesn't fit me now, but I hope it will one day."  She smiled.  "Then you must get it."  I love her.

The shawl was a gift from my stepfather.  The second that I saw it, I was in love with it.  It is my favorite color.  It is cashmere soft.  It is comfy and chic and amazing.  Anything that resembles being wrapped in a blanket just relaxing is a winner in my book.

Embroidered Dress-J. Crew, thrifted; Shawl-gifted; Rust Colored Tights-Target; Gold Sequined Smoking Slippers-Target; Diamond Stud Earrings-gifted

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs