February 16, 2015

Mission #51, Day 1--BOOTS

It's Monday, folks.  And even though it's President's Day and many of you have the day off (lucky!), I don't and so that means business as usual.  And here at Frannie Pantz, we have many lines of business to discuss today.

First of all, this week's Mission Week.  Before it gets too late into spring, we're going to celebrate boots!  Not only essential for cold weather in the winter, but also fun for transitional seasons, like with a skirt or dress here.  These cognac boots that my sister thrifted for me a few years back have been in heavy rotation.  They are perfectly worn in and I love them.

Second, it's time for this week's weekly resolution.  Last week went really well and when I put the list into the Random Picker, it answered back perfectly.

 Donate Some Clothes/Clean Out Closet(s)

If you follow me on Instagram, you know that this weekend I went thrifting with my best friend Matty over the weekend.  Armed with my special birthday coupon, some birthday money and a perfect shopping companion, I scored.  Big time.

And because of that, I came to the realization that I need to get rid of some.  In fact, some pieces that I got were specifically to replace ones that I already had that just don't fit me right anymore.  And though I didn't rig the random picker, I honestly thought about skipping the random picker and just doing this resolution anyhow.  But I guess it's fate.

The third order of business is a review.  Another "if you follow me on Instagram" moment.  I was contacted by Firmoo to review a pair of glasses from their site.  I have long been aware of Firmoo glasses and have always wanted to try a pair so I was pretty psyched to hear from them.  Here's the lowdown of my experience:


The Pros:  I love these glasses.  I seriously wear them all the time and it is nice to have a back-up pair that can give some variety to my eyes--always a plus.  I can't tell you (honestly!) how many compliments I've gotten on these frames.  The site is loaded with tooooooons of selections to chose from and they are all affordable.  It was a breeze to put in my prescription details and they came in with the perfect prescription lenses.

The Cons:  I placed my order with Firmoo on New Years Eve and these took about a month to get to me.  Granted, I only paid for regular shipping and not expedited, but just be prepared for the wait if you order your glasses through regular shipping.   It is/was an extra charge to get these particular frames with my prescription lenses which honestly isn't that strong.  Other than that, it was a very pleasant experience that I recommend.

Yellow Dress (worn as a skirt)-Free People; Polka Dot Sweater-Forever 21; Floral and Polka Dot Scarf-vintage; Cognac Boots-thrifted and gifted; Glasses-Firmoo, c/o

No comments:

Post a Comment

You call it your two cents, I call it priceless. Thank you so much for visiting! I read and cherish every single comment.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Site Design By Designer Blogs